Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Few Updates, and welcome to our new team members!

Wow this project has taken off and grown, and it is really exciting for me! A few updates.

I have a few new team members to welcome, so let me introduce them to you.

ALLIE - Allie has been my sidekick and a good friend of mine for years and is also a wonderful knitter. With this project shooting off like it has I've enlisted her to help me with the USA buddies. Allie is a freshman in college this year. It's a pleasure to welcome her to the team

SUSE - It's a joy to welcome Suse aboard too. Suse lives in the UK and will be in charge of knitting buddies for the UK. Suse has such a wonderful caring heart, I'm honored to have her as a friend.

CHARMAINE - Also, a big welcome to Charm! Charm is my crazy co-mod on the ED Support Group on Ravelry. Charm joins us as our Singapore partner. *waves* glad to have her here!


Now that I've got the welcomes out of the way, a few other pieces of news...

we now have 7 requests for buddies! I'm still in awe of this project taking off.

I'm going to try to build a freewebs site or something for this. I thought the blog would be enough but important posts get lost in the mess. So i might try and do that soon. I'll post the link here if I do build one.

Also I'm going to make a FAQs post to help clear up some of the questions I've been asked a lot. :)

We have a Facebook Group for those of you that don't know :).

I feel like I'm forgetting something but I think that is all for now.




With Love,
Bethany

PS this photo is of my puppy, Bella. She wanted to cuddle with Belita too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I wandered over here from 20sknitters on lj, curious. I just thought I should mention to you that for your buddies you should ask receivers if they have allergies not just to fibres but to any other common allergens that may be in your knitters homes, like pets or smoke. Some people are very sensitive and can get sick off extremely little contact with something.

This is a lovely idea, and power to you.